Before Your Solar Installation – Things To Know
Well, if you are considering welcoming the solar panel into your home, then this can be pleasant and daunting at the same time. But before you even get started and consider solar system installation for your home, here are some essential things that you should be knowing. Now, you must be wondering what these will include. Let us quickly help you understand the points mentioned below in the article.
What are some of the main advantages of solar system installation?
- The solar system can be virtually installed anywhere – on a building or even in the field.
- Rebate programs and tax incentives should be checked out if you are considering initial costs.
- You will not require trenching because the solar can be close to the place where it needs to be installed.
- The dependence of foreign oil and fossil fuels is reduced drastically.
- On almost all the days of the year, you are going to receive clean and renewable power.
- Since solar power is pollution-free, there are no greenhouse gases produced, which could be emitted after the process of installation.
- No need to pay utility bills and thus, you get a good return on your investment.
What are some of the main things to know before installing the solar system?
The solar components: the solar system typically consists of the things we have listed below. So, make sure your installation process doesn’t go ahead without these essential components and they include:
- Junction box
- Battery bank
- Module optimizer
- Charge controller
Location of the system: so, you wouldn’t have too many possibilities to locate your solar system. Let your installer take a proper look around and decide the best place to get the system installed. Most places where you can carry out the installation of your solar panel include the rooftop and ground-mounted. Moreover, if these places aren’t suitable for your needs, then you can always customize the design and make it perfect for your essential requirements.
The system sizing: the first step to sizing your system is to know your utility bill and past usage annually. You can easily find this information on your utility’s account portal. This information tends to be handy for installers as they can help you decide what percentage of your energy consumption should be supplemented with solar.
These are just a few of the many things that you should know before installing a solar system in your home. So, make sure you know a few basic things so that you do not make any mistakes. Also, after you have decided to install a solar system, make sure you are looking out for the right company that will be able to take care of all your needs without disappointing you.