The advantages and disadvantages of using a bi-folding door at your home
Bi-folding doors are a revolutionary component for your home which is very popular nowadays for many homeowners because of its unique and very compact features.
It is perfect for those who want to enhance the look and maximize space in a room or in a facility. It is because it allows the maximum level of light to illuminate a building, whilst it offers great privacy when it is needed. Also, because of its solid construction and the very convenient way to use it, bi-folding sliding doors are very ideal for both household uses and for offices, especially for people who wants the option to enjoy a greater way to light up rooms without using electricity and instantly turn the outside space into another room that can used for different purposes, however, no matter how perfect bi-folding doors are, it also comes with its own downsides that you have to take note so that you can buy nothing but the highest-quality bi-folding door set made from the best materials available.
If you are one of the many people who is caught up with its popularity and plans to purchase and install one for yourself, then read this article that will be discussing the advantages and disadvantages of using bi-folding doors.
- Compact and slim profile- The aluminium bi-fold doors are a lot slimmer and are less conspicuous than your traditional doors. The slim profile of this type of door makes the user allow maximum visibility minus the worry of compromising its strength by offering a highly modern way of its look and its feel.
- Low maintenance- Bi-folding doors are usually made from aluminum and UPVC materials which are totally durable and inexpensive compared to other types of doors. It also requires minimal maintenance because of its durable materials used to it. All it needs is some occasional wash-down and some dash of oil to make it look good and brand-new.
- Very practical- Considering that it is a folding door, you can stack it neatly to one side or the other of an aperture because bi-folding doors make the people inside the room to move freely from one place to the other as well without getting bothered of the door panel blocking the way. Other types of doors like sliding doors are not that practical especially in confined spaces because it consumes a lot of room when you try to open it in or out. Bi-folding doors can be folded away neatly and does not consume space or interfere with people who want to access the doorway in or out of the room.
- No threshold- Although it lacks the threshold, it can be useful in many ways. However, having the lack of threshold can be an issue especially if it is not installed properly because it has no barrier between the indoors and the outside ground where water could enter the house especially during heavy rains with strong winds.
- Stacked doors- Bi-folding doors interfold each other and stack up inside, despite being very compact, it still consumes a lot of space especially if you have huge access from your house’s inside portion and the outside portion.
· Expensive- Although it has very low maintenance this very popular type of sliding door is expensive, especially if you purchase it with a designer.